The ceremony does not end at birth. Many cultural traditions revolve around the precious postpartum period. In Mexican and Latin American traditions this time is referred to as the cuarentena, literally translating to quarantine. It’s a practice where for about 40 days parents stay at home with little to focus on the important transition time including recovering for mother and bonding with their newborn.
Whatever your practice and needs, my role is to support you.
As a postpartum doula for you my services may include:
- Ceremony: limpias, vaginal steams, herbal baths, herbal smudging
- essential oils for physical and emotional well-being
- meditation and intention setting
- care for newborn to allow for parents to rest (hourly rate)
- light home care like laundry, picking up, grocery shopping (things everyone tells you not to do but you wonder how it will get done)
- cooking: bone broths for mom, caldos/soups, and other foods that are healing and nurturing to mom
- Breastfeeding support
Postpartum Doula Fees
Every family and birthing person may have different needs. I currently do not offer a one size postpartum doula package, instead you can select and customize which services would best fit your needs and we go from there.
Please contact me for details.